All Hallows Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school. All concerns are passed through the members of staff who are trained as “Designated Child Protection Officers” in college.
Cause for concern All staff are asked to report any causes for concern to the Designated Child Protection Officers using a written pro-forma. Any concerns will be shared with parents/carers as early as possible, as more often than not there are extremely reasonable explanations for the concern. Concerns may range from children being visibly upset to persistent lateness to children “disclosing” concerns.
Staff Safeguarding Guidance and Training informs all of the following:
• Procedures to safeguard children and young people.
• Awareness-raising about abuse in order to overcome barriers to children and young people reporting their concerns.
• Helping adults recognise the signs and indicators that might give rise to concerns.
• How to respond to concerns about abuse of children and young people.
• How to respond to children and young people making an allegation of abuse.
• Ways in which adults can raise concerns about unacceptable behaviour by other adults.
• Specific issues such as photography and images on the Internet, e-safety, physical contact, one-to-one coaching, journeys in cars, conduct on school trips, etc.
The Safeguarding Leads are:
Mr Blades - Assistant Principal (SLT Lead)
Mrs Clements - Family Support Worker (Co-Lead)
Mrs Garvey - Deputy Principal (Deputy Safeguarding Lead)
Other responsible persons to receive information and assist in the work with other agencies:
Year Learning Leaders – Miss Gowing, Mr Mercer, Mrs Lewis, Mrs Bell-Smith, Ms Wood, Mr Parke and Mr Howells.
Form Tutors Duty of care for Tutor Group
All Staff Duty of care for all students to whom they are known
Health and Safety, Personnel and Site
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies are available on the College web site. Also available on the web site is the College e-safety policy.
Parents Internet Safety Advice
For additional parental guidance with regards to safer internet use please click here to learn more.
Adolescent Violence to Parents
Child Violence to Parents